Monday, May 20, 2013

Day Six - Monday

Day Six. This was a weird day. My wife is out of town from 4am this morning until Wednesday evening, so the kids are kind of sad and sensitive. For some reason little D got sick in her bed last night, so I got to spend the morning cleaning her, her bed, washing sheets and stuffies and pillows and blankets, and then cuddling and making everyone calm and happy. 

This means that we didn't start the day until Daniel Tiger. Even then, it was stormy this morning, so no recess, and then the kids were all sleepy from a long day outside yesterday, plus the pressure is all weird today, so I think it was affecting their moods as well.

After Daniel Tiger we did an extended Hour of Power (Hour-and-a-Half of Power). 





We read letters from Mommy first, and then did letter 'E' connect the dots and maze sheets.




For Social Studies we looked at the globe to see where Mommy went for her business trip, and then we went over President, Governor, Mayor, Country, State, City.


Then we did Spanish, and added a bit to our conversation from last time. (Note that today's number is 5, because we did not do circle time on Friday, and I am not going to skip a number)

We looked at the globe to find Mexico, and talked about sombreros, pulled up some pictures of them on my phone to show them.

Then we did math. We counted to 20 again, and S got it spot on first try. He can identify all those numbers when written as well.


C then wanted to lead us in counting backwards from 20 to 1.


This is how D spent all day. Trying to climb me. I don't think she slept well last night.


To finish up math we played Mancala with goldfish. S won, and then they got to eat their goldfish for a quick snack.


 We went back and did a little circle time stuff, like calendar, and signing in, and telling time on the 10 minutes.

We kind of skipped centers, so I let them play pbskids and redfish and starfall for 15 minutes while I made lunch.


Toast, bananas, pickles, tomatoes, turkey and cheese. I figured this would be an easy meal if D's tummy was still feeling bad.


Chapter 11 in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. C is listening intently.

At rest time they all fell asleep! I let the boys watch Signing Time on PBS, but they were both out in the first 15 minutes.








Once they got up the sun was out, so we went outside. They ate popscicles and ran around. I pushed them around in their cars, and they played Star Wars with some sticks.

Clouds were forming, so we came inside after about 45 minutes. It was looking green so I turned on the TV, and yup! Tornadoes! C diligently watched the news for me to keep us all safe. I let the kids all get a toy to take into the hallway, which helped calm them down a bit.

I let C help me change a light fixture in the dining room, which he thought was pretty fun.

So it was a weird day. Puke and tornadoes and wacky schedule and grumpy kids. I'm worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment