Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day Eight - Thursday

Day Eight. Actually, I guess it is day nine. I guess I should include the Montessori day in there from last week. Oh, but the Snow day yesterday. Okay. Day Eight.




We read Good Luck Bear by Greg Foley for circle time. It was pretty cute. The illustrations were better than the story.



Calendar and weather, day of the week and month of the year. I quizzed them on the clock for Lifeskills. We started late, so we watched Daniel Tiger and had gummy vitamins after circle time. Then we went outside.






Lots of running around. I was eager to get them outside today, since it has been cloudy since morning, and I knew it was going to start raining any minute. About 35 minutes into recess it started raining, so we went inside. It was Hour of Power time.




Because we read a book about finding a four leaf clover I decided we would add Fibonacci numbers for math. This led to a discussion about adding using the number on top of a number syntax. I got to explain number places again, and we carried a '1.'



Today's  word was 'good' so we explored the double 'o' sound with a few real words and a few made up words.



Same old same old for Social Studies. I quizzed them today pretty well until they got it.



Our modified conversation for Spanish. I am actually amazed at this. The boys are actually retaining some Spanish. I thought it would be a lot harder than it is. It is still hard, but they are actually picking it up.



We finished the chapter from before that we had to cut short due to listening issues. I realize I forgot to get a picture of their lunch. They had cheese sticks, banana, a carrot, goldfish, and a few fish-sticks.

Since it is rainy and stormy I decided to let the boys rest on the couch instead of make them go to sleep. I think there is a pretty good chance that they will fall asleep due to the storm. Oh, yeah. Good thing I took them out earlier, it has rained non-stop since we came in. You have to take advantage of the opportunities presented to you!

We only did a few centers, and I could tell they were worn out, so we were done for the day. I know Hour of Power is the most important, and we got it covered pretty well. This has been a hard week...

No comments:

Post a Comment