Friday, May 17, 2013

Thoughts on the week

So we have all survived through week one of home-school. Some parts were easier than others. Hopefully the kids learned something, anything. Hopefully I can keep this up for two more weeks.

So where are we? I am confident that the boys have what it takes to get through a week where every day is as long and intense as yesterday. I am confident in my abilities to make it through as well. They are reading books, doing math, going outside, eating healthy, and doing chores EVERY day. I am very happy for that.

The house has not stayed this clean for this long since... Well.. Ever. I am pretty amazed that the dining room table has nothing on it, toys are not covering the living room floor, I can walk through the boys' bedroom without tripping, and the kitchen has clean counters, washed dishes, and swept floors. The yard still needs to be mowed... Maybe I can do it tomorrow.

So I'll see how next week goes, hopefully we can all stay engaged and work together to learn a lot and have some fun. I have to go start making pizza for movie night, so I don't really have too much time to think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment