Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Snow Day

I am calling a snow day today. Sure, maybe there's no snow on the ground. Sure, maybe we are only a week and a half into the home-school experiment. But I am exhausted. The last two days have drained me physically, emotionally, mentally, cosmically, etc...

The last two days:

I wake up between 6 and 7 in the morning, the boys are already up, jumping around. We do home-school, and then they are jumping around all afternoon until dinner. Then I get to get them ready for bed by myself, and lay them down between 7 and 8 at night. Even after the kids are down I can only barely pay attention to anything because they take turns getting up every 15 minutes. So by about 10 they have passed out and I get to work on my homework for the fast-track class I am taking right now. It is a full class in 3 weeks, so there is a 1 hour video to watch every other day, and a 1 hour assignment due every other day, and a 30 minute discussion board post due every other day, and an entire book to read within the three weeks with a 6 page report due at the end, plus a comprehensive final. So that's what I get to do from 10 until after midnight. Then I pass out on the couch while trying to watch a TV show.

With no help for two and a half straight days. I am tired. So I can pretty much say that if I was an only parent I would not home-school. It is too much. I am not good enough to do it all by myself, all of the time.

So I am calling a snow day today. We'll try again tomorrow after my wife gets home and I can rest a little and take a shower and eat some real food. What a rough week...

No comments:

Post a Comment